1909. Glynn Academy was founded in 1788. The Glynn Academy High School Campus is located in Old Town Brunswick
and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places
. The location of the first building for the Academy is unknown. The second building was constructed in 1840. In 1915, this building was moved to Sterling, Georgia
and serves as their community center. Glynn Academy moved into their third new building in 1909, currently the site of the Prep School. Memorial Auditorium
is housed in a building completed in 1923 and is fashioned after the Louvain Library in Belgium. The physical construction of Glynn Academy has spanned several centuries and this is reflected in the diverse styles of architecture located on the campus.
Related: Old Town Brunswick; Old Glynn Academy Building; Glynn County School Board