Gun Carriages / Gun Mounts
Jekyll Island GA 31527
Gun Carriages Jekyll Island, Georgia
Located on the south end of the island, these gun carriages were built in 1898 for the Spanish American War. They saw no action and the guns were removed before 1900. They represent one of the few sites in the state of Georgia designed specifically for defense during the Spanish American War. They are located deep in the woods and there is no marker designating their location.
Accessible via path originating at St. Andrew's Picnic Area, or via St. Andrews Cut Fire Control Road.
Related: Confederate Battery
To advertise on this web site, call Todd Gwynn at (912) 399-0209.