F.J. Torras Causeway
F. J. Torras Causeway St. Simons Island, Georgia
Few people realize as they view the beauty and history of St. Simons Island that the very road that brought them over is historic too. Completed in 1924, the F. J. Torras Causeway connects St. Simons Island to the mainland. Spanning four miles of the marshes that inspired Sidney Lanier's "Marshes of Glynn," the F. J. Torras Causeway has provided a link to St. Simons. The causeway’s namesake, F.J. Torras, was a prominent Brunswick businessman at the turn of the twentieth century.
A small fee was once collected from visitors at a tollbooth along the route. The tollbooth was eventually shut down. The tollbooth was removed during 2006.
Bridges & Overpasses
Gas / Convenience Stores
To advertise on this web site, call Todd Gwynn at (912) 399-0209.