Capt. Raymond Demere, a native of France, served many years in the British army at Gibraltar before coming to Georgia in 1738 as an officer in Oglethorpe's Regiment. His home, Harrington Hall, was located at this site.
Later generations of the Demere family lived at the south end of St. Simons Island where their plantation was called Mulberry Grove.
063-9 GEORGIA HISTORICAL COMMISSION 1954
To advertise on this web site, call Todd Gwynn at (912) 399-0209.