Brunswick Stew Recipe
Created in Brunswick, Georgia - Enjoyed worldwide!
Makes one (1) gallon. Serve with barbecue or seafood (boiled or fried shrimp, oysters, crabs) from local waters. (This is an all-day project, but it's worth it!!)
- 1 3 lb. chicken
- 1 lb. lean pork
- 1 lb. lean beef
- 3 medium onions, chopped
Place meat in large, heavy pot. Season with salt, pepper. Add onions and cover with water. Cook until meat falls from bones (several hours). Remove from heat and allow to cool. Tear meat into shreds and return to stock.
- 4 cans (16 oz.) tomatoes
- 5 T. Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 bottles (14 oz.) catsup
- 1 T. Tabasco
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 bottle (12 oz.) chili sauce
- 1/2 t. dry mustard
- 1/2 stick butter
Cook one hour, occasionally stirring to prevent sticking.
- 3 T. vinegar
- 2 cans (16 oz.) small limas or butter beans
- 2 cans (16 oz.) cream-style corn
- 1 can (15 oz.) small English peas
- (3 small diced Irish potatoes and a box of frozen, sliced okra - optional)
Cook slowly until thick.
To advertise on this web site, call Todd Gwynn at (912) 399-0209.