Low Country Boil Recipe
Old Frederica Fare
- 1/2 lb. cooked smoked sausage per person (Kielbasa)
- 1/2 lb. shrimp per person (in shell)
- 1 ear corn per person (shucked)
- 1 box shrimp boil per 2 lbs. shrimp
- 1 t. vinegar per lb. shrimp
- 1/2 t. Tabasco per lb. shrimp
- 1 t. red pepper per 4 lbs. shrimp
- 1 t. black pepper per 4 lbs. shrimp
- 3 new potatoes per person (optional)
- 2 onions per person (optional)
Fill a large pot about 3/4 full of water. Add potatoes and all spices and bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes. Add sausage and bring back to boil for 5 minutes. Add onions and boil 5 minutes. Add corn and boil for 5 minutes. Check all ingredients for doneness, especially potatoes. Add shrimp and boil until shells begin to separate from the shrimp. Turn off heat and let stand for a few minutes. Drain and serve.
To advertise on this web site, call Todd Gwynn at (912) 399-0209.